Product Spotlight: Park Tool Portable Race/Ride Kit
If you want to know how big of a cycling addict someone is, just take a look in their toolbox. The more cycling specific tools they have, the more they probably know about cycing repair. Every good bike mechanic knows how important it is to have the right tool for the job. The only problem is, when you are on the road at a cycling event, it isn’t always logical to bring along a big metal tool box.
Many road bikers out there will have a set of tools for their home workshop, and another smaller set to quickly grab and take on the go. Park Tool has taken the mobile workshop to the next level:
The Park Tool Portable Race/Ride Kit is a custom built backpack that transforms into a portable workstation right before your eyes. Weâ€™ve built the ultimate event kit using the latest backpack technology and the best tools available.
- Ingenious fold out interior creates a convenient tool board that makes it easy to set up a workstation at any race, ride or home workshop.
- A variety of pockets and straps keep tools organized and secure for transport.
- Flexible compression netting and extra utility pockets secure odd shaped items.
- Padded shoulder straps and waist belt distribute weight evenly and make transport a breeze.
- Forty-one Park Tool brand specialty and general hand tools, designed to tackle a variety of mechanical and maintenance procedures.
The pack is a perfect solution for your next century, or multi-day ride. The bag is packed with 41 different tools, which should cover most of the mechanical problems you will run into while on the road.
This portable tool pack can be yours for right around $370, which isn’t a bad deal for 41 high quality tools.