Product Spotlight: SpeedPlay X/2 Stainless Pedals
If you have sore knees, and cycling can become a literal pain at times, than these may be the pedals for you. I found these to be really, really easy on my knees. They offer a non-centering free float to relieve some of the stress that can happen on ailing knees.
Here are some of the features from the SpeedPlay.com website:
- Easy dual-sided entry: no kicking it over, no looking down, no fumbling.
- Half the weight of most other clipless systems:
- X/2 Stainless pedals per pair – 198g
- Non-centering free float minimizes the potential for knee strain.
- Unbeatable cornering clearance: X/2 – 37 degrees.
- Large contact area, extremely stable cleat-to-shoe connection.
- Compatible with virtually all 3-hole and 4-hole shoe mountings.
- Standard step-in, turn-out entry and release.
- Built-in grease port for easy bearing lubrication.
- True locking mechanism – engagement security is independent of spring tension.
I really enjoyed these pedals when I tried them out. They aren’t cheap (but what is?) at $175.00, but are worth it if your knees are your main concern when starting out a ride.